Institutions such as CSOs and pressure groups have played a major role in raising ecological consciousness among people. However, their impact has not been greatly felt at the macro level as they struggle to voice their objections against the popular narrative of the human necessity for development. The failure of market forces, in considering the environmental consequences of their actions advocates the importance of policy intervention. Thus the need for policy-driven conservation efforts, duly supplemented by citizen activism, cannot be undermined.
While the significance of awareness generated by citizen movements is indisputable, formal structures must be in place, validating the conservation policies as against the necessity of our national and global developmental goals. Effective environmental policies ensure that everybody complies with the environmental regulations, thus having the potential to make environmental sustainability the eventual aim of all development efforts.
Through our National Environmental Law and Policy Essay Writing Competition, we present you with an opportunity to formulate alternatives for our strikingly exploited plant and animal life forms, natural resources, geological landforms, and geographical locations while also suggesting ways to influence people to embark on novel ways of sustainable living. This year’s theme gives participants a chance to analyze environmental degradation and conservation efforts and policies, from the economic, socio-cultural, legal, and political perspectives. Above all, it has the potential to address the challenges of complex interrelation between the conflicting interests of human necessities at the cost of environment conservation.
Theme: Dichotomy of Environment Conservation and Human Necessities
Note: This is just the theme and not the topic for the competition.
Students/Research Scholars enrolled in any UG/PG/Ph.D. Course, Academicians associated with any educational institution (University/College), Professionals across various fields.
Mode of Submission:
All submissions should be made only through email in MS Word/Google Document format. No other submissions will be entertained.
Kindly register for the competition here.
Registration Contribution: INR 200 for Students (limited to 25 years of age) and INR 500 for Professionals
[As we are a non-profit organization, this amount will be utilized either for the prize money pool or to advance any of our other organizational goals.]
Last Date for Registration: 25th June, 2021
Last Date for Submission: 30th June, 2021
Declaration of Result: 31st July, 2021
1st Position: INR 3000, Certificate of Merit, Offer for Internship
2nd Position: INR 2000, Certificate of Merit, Offer for Internship
3rd Position: INR 1000, Certificate of Merit, Offer for Internship
Each participant who sends across an entry for the competition will be eligible to receive a Certificate for Participation.
Guidelines and Rules:
- The Essay must be written in English.
- The essay shall consist of an Abstract, Main Body, and References
- Word Limit for Abstract: 300 words.
- Word Limit for the Main Body: 2000 words.
- Only one essay per participant may be submitted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
- Co-authorship is permitted only to the extent of two authors, however, both co-authors need to register separately for the competition.
- The essay should not be plagiarized. Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of the essay should have been published earlier, nor should it be under consideration for publication elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the participant(s) from the competition.
- The participants will be required to submit a separate undertaking concerning the originality of the work.
- Copyright of the Essays shall rest with the organizers. Organizers hold the right to republish the essays if required.
- The Essays will be evaluated and assessed based on the following:
- Content-Clarity and Research
- Originality and Relevance of Research
- Structure and Flow of Research
- Relevance and Effectiveness to the Theme
- Presentation and Writing Effectiveness
E-Mail ID: email@example.com
Contact Number: +91-8448922751