After successfully organising our 1st National Essay Writing Competition, 2014, we proudly present to you our 2nd National Essay Writing Competition, 2015. The world is increasingly getting dependent on technology, and like any other pillar of the Government, it is indispensable for the judicial machinery to keep up with the changed/changing circumstances, to improve its efficiency.Therefore, this year, the Theme for the competition is “Need for Speed: Law on the Wheel of Technology”.
We are glad to invite students and Professionals to express their valuable viewpoints, by participating in the competition. The Theme is broad in nature; hence, the participants may take up a topic of their choice, covered under the purview of the Theme.
Theme of the Essay: “Need for Speed: Law on the Wheel of Technology”
Deadline for Registration: 30th October, 2015.
Deadline for submission: 4th November, 2015.
Any student pursuing any undergraduate, postgraduate or professional course in any recognized University/College in India.
Guidelines and Rules:
- The Essay must be written in English.
- Only one essay per participant may be submitted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
- Co-authorship is not permitted.
- The essay shall not be plagiarized. Only the original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay. The participants will submit a separate undertaking with regard to originality of work.
- Copyright of the Essays shall rest with the organizers. Organizers hold the right to republish the essays if required.
- Identification mark (name or any mark which identifies the author) must not be found in any part of the essay.
- The Participants must submit their essay via e-mail only, with the following attachments:
- Essay in MS Word format with the subject “Essay Writing Competition”.
- Cover page containing Name, Nationality, Address, e-mail id, Contact number and name of the College/University along with address and class of the Participant.
Length of the Essay:
- The submission shall consist of an Abstract, Essay and Bibliography.
- An abstract should not be of more than 250 words including title and keywords.
- The length of the essay should be between 1,800 to 2,000 words.
- Footnotes must conform to the authoritative standard rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate enough to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
- Font type: Times New Roman
- Font size: 12
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- Page number: Top left of the page
- Footnote size: 10
- Each participant who sends across an entry for the competition, will be eligible to receive a Certificate for Participation.
- 3rd position: Cash prize worth 500/- INR and a certificate of appreciation.
- 2nd position: Cash prize worth 1000/- INR and a certificate of appreciation.
- 1st position: Cash prize worth 2000/- INR and a certificate of appreciation.
- Best ten essays will be published on our website.
Contribution Amount is 350/- INR only. [As we are a non-profit organisation, this amount will be utilised either for the prize money pool, or to advance any of our other organisational goals.]
NOTE: All queries and submissions must be sent to [email protected] only, with the subject: “LexQuest 2nd National Essay Writing Competition, 2015”.
So, what are you waiting for? Register today! Fill our form here.
You can make the Online Payment here! (Other payment options may be available on request)
Once you have filled the above form, we will contact you and send you the payment options.
E-mail id: [email protected]